Microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment that uses a device to create micro-injuries in the skin and stimulate the production of new skin cells and collagen. This is also known as collagen induction therapy. This is the best anti-aging treatment on the market and can be used for maintenance collagen upkeep as well as the treatment of hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, and acne scarring.
At skinBe we use the SkinPen. The SkinPen is the only FDA cleared Microneedling device in the United States. The SkinPen cartridges were ranked highest in quality when compared with other Microneedling cartridges. The cartridges used conduct a contamination free operation with smooth appliance and polished needles.
The benefits of Microneedling include:
1. Most effective collagen building treatment on the market.
2. Can remove signs of acne, scarring, aging, and hyperpigmentation.
3. Minimally invasive, with only twenty-four hour down time.
4. When Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is added, clients can expect to see 10x the results compared to Microneedling without PRP.
At skinBe we offer Microneedling with PRP; also known as Platelet Rich Plasma. PRP is derived from your own blood which makes it so great! PRP is derived from a sample of your own blood. This sample contains a variety of growth factors and other proteins needed. The day of your treatment, a small sample of blood will be drawn and then spun in a centrifuge for a short period of time. The centrifuge causes the red blood cells, the white blood cells, and the platelets to separate. We then take the platelets out of the blood sample to use. We then place the platelets on your face prior to Microneedling to harness the powerful effects of PRP. This treatment is also called “The Vampire Facial.”
We start this treatment by applying a topical anesthetic to the face to increase comfort. The PRP is then applied in small amounts to the face. The SkinPen is used to pass over skin causing tiny micro-abrasions in your skin to stimulate the healing process. The micro-abrasions create a channel for the PRP to increase healing and collagen production.
There are some contraindications to consider:
2. Keloid Scarring
3. Active skin cancer
4. Active infection to the treatment area
5. Active HSV/cold sore breakout
6. Grade IV acne (inflamed pustule and cystic acne)
This treatment usually takes less than an hour and should be repeated monthly for the first four to eight months and then progress to quarterly treatments for maintanance but it could vary as everyone is different. One of the best things about Microneedling is there is little downtime.
Post Microneedling care instructions:
1. Sunscreen! The skin can be more sensitive in the days following treatment.
2. Avoid direct sun exposure for 72 hours.
3. Avoid high heat, saunas, steam rooms and workouts for 24 hours.
4. No makeup to treated areas for 24 hours.
5. PRP should be applied during the following hours of treatment and left on for 12 hours.
6. Stop use of retinol, tretinoin, anti-inflammatories, or steroid use for 72 hours pre and post treatment.
7. No use of skin peels or laser therapy for a minimum of two weeks post treatment.
You can give us a call or stop by and book your Microneedling treatment with one of our talented nurses.OCTOBER 15, 2021