A lot of us fear getting cosmetic injectables such as Botox, Dermal Fillers or Sculptra because of the many common myths and stigmas surrounding them and because of that, sometimes we avoid treatments that could be very beneficial to us .
Below are some common myths skinBe certified providers would like to bust!
- Injectables will make you look unnatural, frozen or expressionless: While it is true that injectables like Botox can temporarily freeze the muscles in your face, our skilled providers administer them in a way that maintains facial expressions while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to prevent advanced aging.
- Injectables are only for women, especially older women: Injectables can be effective for anyone looking to lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles or enhance their facial features while maintaining their youth. Many people in their youth are beginning to use injectables as a preventative measure to maintain their youthful glow and appearance.
- Injectables are only for cosmetic purposes: There are many non-conventional medical uses for injectables such as Botox and Dysport. They can be used to help medical conditions such as chronic migraines, excessive sweating, overactive bladder, jaw pain (TMJ) etc.
- Injectables are dangerous, unsafe and cause serious side effects: When administered by certified and experienced providers like the qualified master injectors at skinBe, injectables are generally safe and have minimal side effects. However, as with any medical procedure, there is always a risk of complications, but they are relatively rare.
- Injectables provide instant gratification and are a one-time fix: The results of Botox, Dermal Fillers and Sculptra are temporary and require maintenance treatments to maintain their effectiveness.
It is our hope that by demystifying these myths we help you make informed decisions about the skincare injectables that are best for you based on your skincare + wellness goals. If you are ready for the next step, feel free to check out our beginners guide to injectables and call/text us via 636.778.7200 to schedule a complimentary anti-aging and wellness assessment with skinBe’s certified nurse injectors who will customize the best treatment plan specifically suited for you.